A revolutionary shift in the practice of medicine: How a one-size-fits-all approach is becoming history. Translational research, also known as translational science or translational medicine, is a new, growing discipline in medicine that aims to ensure research flows from benchside to bedside and bedside to bench, to translate discoveries into clinical application and the translation of clinical findings into the understanding of molecular mechanisms to a genomic level. The program is mainly intended for initiating translational research studies through interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary and multi-institutional integrated learning approach.
- Build on the scientific expertise provided at each institution, to offer researchers a collaborative, team-oriented research environment that will promote their development as the future leaders of team-oriented, translational scientific research professionals.
- Support the intellectual environments of the participating institutions for the optimal training of future translational science research investigators.
The participants on the successful completion of the course will acquire the following competences:
- Acknowledge the basic principles and goals of translational research studies.
- Recognize and utilize basic empirical research methods in translational studies.
- Integrate theoretical findings and empirical research work.
- Plan doctoral thesis in translational research studies.
- Ability to theoretically approach translational related phenomena and to use this ability for didactic and research aims.
- Course duration: 5 Days
- Date: Online & pre-recorded lectures: Feb 22-24, 2024; Offline: Hands-on training & demo: Mar 01-02, 2024
- Credits : 2
- Students pursuing post graduate degree (M Sc/ M Pharm/PharmD /MD /MS /DM /MCh)
- PhD Scholars and Research Scholars in any discipline of biological sciences Life Sciences, Health Sciences, Biotechnology Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacy and Genetics
Registration Link : https://sis.manipal.edu/CertificateCourses.aspx
Last Date for Registration: To be announced soon
Click to view Brochure of Certificate Course on Translational Research
Certificate Course in Translational Research
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
MAHE, Manipal - 576104
Ph: +91 8921253870