1. What are the Executive Management Programs offered by Manipal University?
The Management Programs offered by the University are:
a. Executive-MBA (E-MBA)
2. What is the eligibility criteria for the above programs?
a. Graduates (in any discipline) with a minimum 50 % aggregate marks & one year of work experience.
b. Graduates (in any discipline) with a minimum 45 % aggregate marks & two years of work experience.
3. What are the specializations offered in the 2nd Year?
The specializations offered in the 2nd year are: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource and Information Systems.
4. Can one go for dual Specialization?
No, Manipal University does not offer dual specialization
5. How is the E-MBA program structured?
The program is divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each. 1st year is on General Management and in the 2nd year one can choose a specialization. Classes are conducted on Sundays from 9am to 6:45pm
6. What is the total fee for the program?
| Executive MBA Program
|E-MBA 2 years
||At the time of admission
||With 60 days from the program commencement date
||Before the start of 2nd Semester
||With 60 days from the 2nd sem commencement date
||Before the start of 3rd semester
||Before the start of 4th Semester
• Examination fee of Rs.500/- per subject will be in addition to the above fee.
•In case of lump sum payment one gets a discount of 10% on the total fee.
• Fee paid is not refundable
• All payments are to be made in the form of a DD in favour of "Manipal University" payable at Manipal or Udupi.
7. Is it compulsory to attend the classes?
Yes, it is compulsory to attend the classes. At least 75% attendance is required in a semester to be eligible to write the end semester Examination. However in special circumstances, student may be permitted to take examinations even if he/she has less than 75% of attendance (but not less than 60% in each subject), only if he/she produces letter from the concerned authority supporting the genuineness of the cause for the absence
8. How is the assessment done or what is the evaluation pattern?
The student performance in each subject is evaluated out of a maximum of 100 Marks-of which 50% for in – semester assessment and 50% for the end semester examinations, however he/she must score minimum 35% in the end semester examination, to become eligible for passing grade.
9. What are the components of in semester assessment?
In-semester assessment will be based on continuous evaluation, the factor of which constitutes: assignments, case presentations and at least two class tests in every subject.
10. What will happen if someone misses the internal test?
If a student misses the in-semester (internal) tests, due to genuine reason (which is authenticated by the respective authority), university may consider to conduct one make up test for those students.
11. What will happen if one is unable to clear a particular semester?
A student will be promoted to the higher semester irrespective of the number of subjects he/she has failed in the previous semester.
12. How is the grading done?
Final evaluation of course is carried out on a TEN POINT grading system, which is as follows:
A student who earns a minimum of E grade (5 grade points) in a course is declared to have successfully completed the course. A course successfully completed cannot be repeated.
13. What will happen in case I get transferred to another location?
Currently the program is being offered at Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata & Pune. In case of job transfer to any of these locations you can get the centre transfer. However, transfer is not applicable if the said program is not offered at the new location.
14. Can one take a break during the program?
Yes, one can take a break depending upon the requirement of his/her job. For details please visit break & transfer procedure.