Manipal University > Campus Life > Libraries > Health Sciences Manipal > History
The Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal was established in 1953. The Central Library also started functioning from the year 1953 in the Physiology Block and later it shifted to Biochemistry Block. In 1983 the Central Library shifted to independent building at Dr. T.M.A Pai Research Centre. In view of latest development and future needs, the Manipal University, Manipal built SEARCH - the Health Sciences Library with state-of-the-art facilities at manipal.edu building. Undergraduate section of the Central Library has been shifted to the new Health Sciences Library on 22 November, 2004 and postgraduate and all other sections of the library have been shifted on 9th December, 2004.Dr. Dayananda Pai was the Librarian from the year 1953 to 1999. The Health Sciences Library is headed by Dr. Shivananda Bhat K. from the year 1999.