Applications are invited from outstanding students for the Summer Research Internship (SRI2018) Program at the Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences (MCNS), Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka. MCNS carries out fundamental research in the natural sciences.
The SRI Program is an annual event which runs for 6 weeks over the summer.
Opportunities for SRI2018 are available in the following research areas:
· Nuclear Physics
· Theoretical Physics
· Materials Chemistry
· Paleontology and Stratigraphy
· Evolutionary Biology
· Computational Biology
Selections are highly competitive and only a limited number of supported internships are available. Support for internships includes:
· A consolidated stipend of Rs. 15,000/-
· Free shared, on-campus hostel accommodation
· Interns work closely with eminent faculty and their teams in a pure research environment.
· This is an excellent opportunity to become acquainted with both experimental and theoretical techniques in application to contemporary problems at the forefront of fundamental research.
Who can apply:
Highly motivated students currently enrolled or completed M. Sc./ M. Tech./ fourth year integrated M. Sc./ M. Tech. programs and highly motivated third or fourth year B. Sc./ B. Tech. students may apply.
How to apply:
· Application form can be downloaded from the hyperlink provided below.
· Filled Application form in a single PDF file must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th April 2018.
· Two letters of recommendation (to be sent to the above e-mail address) from referees, who have taught you or are familiar with your academic work.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
· Last date for applications: 29th April, 2018. Applications received beyond this date will not be considered.
· List of selected candidates will be uploaded to this website by 5th May, 2018.
Summer Research Internship Program (SRI2018)
Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences
Dr. T.M.A. Pai Planetarium Building
Manipal University, Manipal - 567 104, Karnataka
Telephone: +91 820 2923571