1. What are the Various Master of Science- Technology Programs offered?
- Master of Science - Technology in Computer Science
- Master of Science - Technology in Software Design & Engineering
- Master of Science - Technology in Computer Networks
- Master of Science - Technology in Communication Systems
- Master of Science - Technology in Microelectronics
- Master of Science - Technology in VLSI CAD
- Master of Science - Technology in Digital Design & Embedded System
- Master of Science - Technology in Embedded System Design
- Master of Science - Technology in Automotive Embedded System
- Master of Science - Technology in Embedded & Control System Design
- Master of Science - Technology in Mechanical System Design
- Master of Science- Technology in Instrumentation Engineering
- Master of Science- Technology in Illumination Technology
2. How is the program structured?
The duration of the program is two years, four semesters, for BE/BTech/MSc/MCA/AMIE graduates. The BE/BTech/MSc/MCA/AMIE graduates are allowed to join the program directly into the third semester. For BSc/BCA graduates the duration of the program is three years, six semesters.
The first two semesters (3rd & 4th semester) for BE/BTech/MSc/MCA/AMIE / first four semesters for BSc/BCA graduates will be traditional class room teaching, internal evaluation & University examination at respective centres. Fifth and sixth semester is project work to be carried out in the company which nominates the candidates.
3. What will happen if one is unable to complete the Master of Science- Technology program within the minimum prescribed time duration?
The maximum allowable duration for completion of the two year Master of Science - Technology (for BE/BTech/MSc/MCA/AMIE graduates) will be five years and for three year program (for BSc/BCA graduates) will be six years.
4. Who all are eligible for the Master of Science program?
a. For Master of Science-Technology in Computer Science, Software Design & Engineering & Computer Networks :
- Working professionals with BE / B. Tech in E&C/ CS/ EE/ IS/ IT/Instrumentation/ Medical Electronics/ Bio Medical Engg / Tele Comm./ Mechatronics / Mechanical / Automobile / Civil Engineering etc., M. Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, MCA from any university recognized by UGC / DEC with minimum of 50 % in aggregate and AMIE (Electrical stream) are eligible to take admission through lateral entry to the third semester.
- Working professionals with B.Sc Computer Science, Information Science, Electronics, Physics, and BCA or equivalent from any university recognized by UGC / DEC with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate are eligible to take admission in the 1st Semester
b. For Master of Science- Technology in Embedded System Design/ Automotive Embedded System/ Embedded & Control System Design/ Digital Design & Embedded System/ VLSI CAD/ Microelectronics/ Communication Systems/Instrumentation Engg. /Illumination Technology:
- Working professionals with BE / B. Tech in E&C/ CS/ EE/ IS/ IT/ Instrumentation / Medical Electronics/ Bio Medical Engg/ Tele Comm./ Mechatronics etc., M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, MCA from any university recognized by UGC / DEC with minimum of 50 % in aggregate and AMIE (Electrical stream) are eligible to take admission through lateral entry to the third semester.
- Working professionals with B.Sc Computer Science, Information Science, Electronics, Physics, and BCA or equivalent from any university recognized by UGC / DEC with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate are eligible to take admission in the first semester.
C. Master of Science- Technology in Mechanical System Design:
- Working Professionals with B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical, Automobile, Chemical, Polymer Technology, Environmental Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Industrial Production, Industrial Engg, Industrial & Production, Aeronautical etc., from any university recognized by UGC / DEC with minimum of 50 % in aggregate are eligible to take admission through lateral entry to the third semester of the program.
- Working Professionals with B.Sc (Mechanical Sciences) from Manipal University with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate are eligible to take admission in the 1st semester.
5. What is the selection process?
Anyone meeting the eligibility criteria can join the course directly. Selection is on a first come first serve basis.
6. . What is the application procedure?
One can collect the application form and the prospectus from our office at the respective city by paying Rs.500/- in cash. Application form can also be downloaded from our website, and submitted with Rs.500/- in cash or a Demand Draft of Rs.500/- drawn in favour of “ Manipal Universal Learning Pvt. Ltd” Payable at Bangalore.
Along with the application the first installment of the program fee is also to be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Manipal University” Payable at Manipal or Udupi.
7.What are the documents required along with the application form?
The documents that are to be submitted along with the application form while taking admission are as under:
- Attested copies of the qualifying exam mark sheets of all years/semesters.
- Attested copy of the degree certificate.
- 3 pass port size photos.
- A nomination letter/employment certificate from the current employer
- The first installment fee in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Manipal University, payable at Manipal or Udupi.
8.What is the fee structure for the program?
For details on the fee structure please click here
9. When are the classes conducted?
The classes are conducted on Sundays and at times on Saturdays (one day in a weekend) from 9am to
6:45pm. (9 hours every weekend)
10. Is it compulsory to attend the classes?
Yes, it is compulsory to attend the classes. At least 75% attendance is required per subject to be eligible to
write the End Semester Examination.
However in special circumstances, student may be permitted to take examinations even if he/she has less than 75% of attendance (but not less than 60% in each subject), only if he/she produces letter from the concerned authority supporting the genuineness of the cause for absence There is no attendance requirement during the period of project work / training.
11. How the assessment is done or what is the evaluation pattern?
The student performance in each subject is evaluated out of a maximum of 100 Marks-of which 50% is for in – semester assessment and 50% for the end semester examinations, however he/she must score minimum 40% in the end semester examination, to become eligible for passing grade and to be considered for relative grading.
12. What are the components of in semester assessment?
In-semester assessment will be based on continuous evaluation, the factor of which constitutes: assignments,
case presentations and at least two class tests in every subject
13. What will happen if someone misses the internal test?
If a student misses any one of the two in-semester tests, due to genuine reason (which is authenticated by the
respective authority), university may consider conducting one make up test for those student/s. It is compulsory to attend at least 2 tests as the mark considered is sum of the two tests.
14. What will happen if one is unable to clear a particular semester?
A student will be promoted to the higher semester irrespective of the number of subjects he/she has failed in
the previous semester.
15. How is the grading done?
Final evaluation of course is carried out on a TEN POINT grading system, which is as follows:
16. What will happen in case one gets transferred to another location?
| Grade Points
Currently the program is being offered at Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata & Pune. In case of job transfer to any of these locations you can get the centre transfer. However the transfer is not applicable if the said program is not offered at the new location.
17. Can one take a break during the program?
Yes, one can take a break depending upon the requirement of his job. For details please visit
break & transfer procedure.
18. How about the faculties for the programs?
The faculty list for the Master of Science programs comprises a mix of people from the Industry as well as academia and some freelancers with expertise in specific areas. The mix is usually 35% (Industry experts), 55%( professors/lecturers from eminent engineering colleges ), 10% (domain experts/trainers) respectively. Most of them would be visiting faculties. We also have a proper feedback system in place wherein after the 2nd session feedback is taken from the students for individual faculty and in case if the feedback is not up to the mark corrective measures are taken.
19. Do we get books for the course from the University?
Books for the program are not provided. You will be given a detailed syllabus with all the reference books mentioned in the same and with the guidance of the faculty you can procure a particular book. The faculties usually come with PPTs for the session and at times some additional hand-outs as well. All of these will be shared with you through the student’s login section in the portal, which you can access with your login and password that will be allotted to you after the commencement of classes.
20. What is Term Paper?
Term paper is a basic research paper on a particular topic in the area of interest of the candidate preferably based on any emerging / new technology. The area selected has to be within the periphery of the course. The paper submitted should not be more than 10 pages.