The objectives of the Health Sciences Library are:
• To acquire, manage, provide and disseminate health sciences information to students, faculty and research scholars of the constituent Health Sciences Institutions of Manipal University at Manipal. Currently these include Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences and Life Science institutions.
• To provide timely, accurate and current information and materials to users for education, teaching and research.
• To provide information services and access to bibliographic and full text digital and printed resources to support the scholarly and informational needs of Health Sciences institutions of Manipal University, Manipal
• To support and facilitate the research, learning, teaching and administrative activities of the University by organizing, maintaining and providing access to appropriate literature and information resources in such a way as to provide optimum benefit for library users.
• To provide an appropriate and comfortable environment and facilities for the use of library services and for individual and group study.