Distinguished Alumni Profile - November 2011
MR. RAJESH V MENON
Rajesh Menon obtained his BE degree in Mechanical Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology in the year 1986. Presently he is a Manager of Engineering at Jacobs Engineering India Pvt. Ltd., Jacobs Mumbai office. Responsible for all the design/engineering disciplines in this office and also for project proposals, cost estimates, price fix ,etc.
Almost 25 years of experience in Engineering Consultancy field, which includes design, engineering, procurement, expediting, inspection, construction supervision, etc. for chemical, petrochemical, refining, pharma, etc. industries.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE :
Most of his 25 years in engineering consultancy he has worked/specialized as a Piping Design/Engineering specialist and was heading the Piping Group as Department Manager before taking up the present role of Manager of Engineering.
Ajay Co-op. Hsg. Society Ltd., Bldg. No. 12, B-32,
5th Floor, Jankalyan Nagar, Off Marve Road,
Malad-West, Mumbai – 400095
Ph. Off.: 022-26812303 Cell: 09820595117
MR VIJAY CHANDRAN MENON
Vijay Menon obtained his BE degree in Mechanical Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology in the year 1979. He obtained his MBA degree from Illinois State University, USA. Presently he is a Managing Director in Menon and Menon Ltd.
30 years experience in Menon and Menon Ltd in the various operational and management
areas. Involved in the manufacturing activities of the company since 1981. Became Managing
Director in March 1994
• Menon and Menon Ltd is the first company in India to receive the prestigious QS 9000 certification in January 1996.
• ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification from Underwriters Laboratories Inc. in 2004
• Received Abee Quality Award instituted by Entrepreneurs’ International in July 1996 for significant work in the field of Quality.
• Received ACMA National Quality Award for the year 1995-96.
• Golden Peacock National Quality Award for the year 1997 in the highly commended category for large industries.
• FIE Foundation Award for the year 1997 for the contribution in the field of management.
• Laxmanrao Kirloskar “Best Foundry of the Year” Award from the Institute of Indian Foundrymen for the years 1998 and 2008.
• Received Best Performance Award for the year 2009 from John Deere India.
SOCIAL FIELD :
• Was the Chairman of CII Southern Maharashtra Zone during the years 1998, 2009 & 2010.
• Was member of CII Cost Conclave 2002 Steering Committee
• Currently Executive Committee member of CII Maharashtra State Council for 2011.